This is actually a recipe from Vedgedout which I found this recipe on Pinterest. Simple vegan cheese which you can eat with toasts, 'crudités' or sandwiches. Perfect for dinner ... although don't eat the whole ball at once!!
- 1 cup of raw cashews (not the salty ones)
- About 6 pieces of dry tomatoes
- 2 Tsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tsp of miso soup
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of apple sider
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 of paprika ... cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
How to make this cheese:
- Start by soaking the cashews and tomatoes overnight
- Next day drain and blend
- Place coconut oil in the microwave for 30 secs ... or until its liquid
- Blend the rest of the ingredients with the cashews and tomatoes.
- Place in a bowl and let it cool
- After at least 4h you can take it out and spoon it out getting a roundy shape. You can cover it with almond flakes or if you prefer seeds, other nuts or by itself.
- Enjoy and thank you Vedgedout!