Saturday, 12 April 2014

Vegan cheeses

More vegan cheeses! 

First one ... is a coconut cheese made out of agar agar, coconut vinegar, coconut milk, tapioca flour and salt. I found the recipe on Olives for dinner's blog ... to be honest I didn't enjoy it too much .. I should've made again the one with coconut milk and tofu which is nicer than with coconut vinegar. 

Second one... Is a sort of gouda I found on Dimensionvegana ... I swear every recipe I make from these guys is awesome ... easy and great taste... It's not the same as eating normal cheese but serves to make a sandwich or even on a salad ... It's made out of soy milk, tapioca flour, carrageenan, 1 soy yogurt, salt and olive oil (I used half of what they are using... thought 6 Tsp of olive oil was way too much) 

Third one ... Vegan mozzarella balls from Miyoko's dairy free cheeses (the Artisan Vegan Life) ... Made out of soy yogurt, tapioca flour, carrageenan, xantham gum, nutritional yeast, salt, vegetable oil and ... I think that's about it ... It's alright ... really nice for cooking but I can't seem to make it harder! Maybe it's the gum ... but gives it a stretchy consistency :) 



I will post some recipes with these cheeses :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment